Ideas@FloydHayes.com +1 917 684 1870
CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
A pioneering creative thinker, mentor, leader and developer of breakthrough brand communication tactics and campaigns. Co-founded Europe's first experiential agency creating what the BBC called "Stunt of the Century" for BMG. Developed communication strategy and creatively lead the launch and 4-year campaign of MINI Cooper, helping the brand become the best selling small car in history. Brought my multi-discipline, "media agnostic" creative thinking and leadership to New York and co-founded the Cunning agency, full-service Fearless Advertising Agency and the first Twitter based, 24-hour company, World's Fastest Agency.
Areas of Expertise Include
- Big Idea Development
- Creative Team Mentor/Leader
- Experiential Marketing
- PR & Digital Tactics
- Guerrilla & Stunt Marketing
- Integrated Thinker
- Brand Development
- Brand Strategy
- Brand Activation
CONSULTANT / OWNER, FLOYD HAYES CONSULTING, INC. (FHC) 2012 – Present
FOUNDER / CREATIVE DIRECTOR
Experiential, guerrilla and social media consulting and activation for clients including: Ben and Jerry's (Europe), General Mills (US), PledgeMusic (global), KIA (US), GAP (US), Foster's Beer (MENA), Heineken (global), Smirnoff (global), Grey NY (Canon, Audi, Bosch, AT&T, DirecTV) , Ogilvy & Mather (IBM, E*Trade), Edelman (eBay, Smirnoff), and BBDO (Audi).
WORLD’S FASTEST AGENCY,
FOUNDER / CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER
A trailblazing experiment in real-time marketing and social media powered advertising that gained global media coverage (PSFK, AdAge, Adweek), generated 30,000 website visits in 24 hours and attracted clients such as P&G and Retailmenot.com. Nominated as one of Entrepreneur Magazine's Top 100 Brilliant Business 2013 and Top 5 Emerging Entrepreneur 2014.
GUERRILLA MARKETING SCHOOL,
FOUNDER / TEACHER
An online and offline creative development workshop with clients including New York University, St. Martin London, LaSalle College Canada, Virgin America and global students.
FOUNDER, @TWIPPLE 2009 – 2013
Devised and implemented @twipple, Twitter's first random acts of kindness feed. The Huffington Post deemed it, "The most thoughtful use of twitter we've seen."
CHAIRMAN OF THE BOARD / CREATIVE ADVISOR 2009 – 2012
(the fearless group, a full-service advertising agency)
In addition to traditional CoB duties, led non-traditional communication strategy, notably for the multi-million dollar launch of the Top Level Domain company, ".Co."
Professional Experience Continued
FOUNDING MEMBER / CHIEF CREATIVE OFFICER 2004 - 2012
Moved to New York under a "Unique Abilities" visa to establish the agency in the world's most competitive advertising market. Duties included: Creative direction, team building and mentoring, New Business Development and C-level client liaison. Client work included:
- Syfy: Developed award-winning strategy, brand consulting, and creative. The Wall Street Journal called our experiential work for The Triangle mini-series, "The Center Piece of their $10 million campaign."
- Dove: Invented The PitiCure, a new beauty regime for Dove Deodorant. Led the team to create a multi-channel campaign blending experiential and digital marketing to help the brand exceed its sales, sampling and media goals. Unilever trademarked PitiCure globally.
- Yotel: Conceived and directed the opening event for Yotel, a new $300 million NY hotel. The "100 Under 2 Festival" featured one hundred NYC acts performing two-minute shows, live in one hundred rooms as part of a spectacular launch night.
FOUNDING MEMBER / CREATIVE DIRECTOR 1998 - 2004
Europe's first experiential and guerrilla marketing agency. Cunning developed a ground-breaking "ideas everything, media anything" approach to marketing. Built the creative team from a start-up staff of two into a hot shop of forty employees. I was instrumental in developing concepts and leading teams to produce some of the most famous and effective brand experiences and tactics in the UK:
- FHM: Produced the first commercial laser projection, an eighty foot woman beamed onto Big Ben. One of the most successful stunts in UK ad history, prompting the BBC to call it, "The stunt of the century."
- MINI Cooper: Developed experiential strategy and cross-media campaigns. I launched and worked with the brand for four years, producing break-through thinking resulting in the fastest, best selling small car in auto-history. We created the blueprint for its global launch and revolutionized car marketing.
- British Airways: Conceived and developed London's first real sand beach experience resulting in $2.5 million in earned media coverage, six thousand guests and full-booking for the Caribbean Vacation promotion.
- Vodafone: Devised Australia's first floating Rugby field. It sailed down Sydney Harbor to herald the arrival of The Rugby World Cup and Vodafone's sponsorship resulting in national, primetime news coverage and a genuine "water cooler" moment.
- 20th Century Fox: Sparked a national media debate about technology with the launch of the world's first VoiceMail audio ad staring Tom Cruise. It delivered tens of millions of dollars. In earned media impressions for the release of Minority Report on DVD.
Additional Career Highlights
Won numerous awards including: 11 Gold & Platinum MarCom Awards, Gold Event Marker Experiential Award, One Show Award, 2 Gold Creative Annual Awards, holder of 7 Guinness World Records.
Media accolades about me: “Pregnant with marketing genius.” – ADWEEK. “All round box-free thinker.” – CNET.“One of the most notable, accomplished thought-leaders in his sector.” - Richard Powell, Vice-Consul Creative & Digital Media UK Trade and Investment. "Highly informative, inspirational and entertaining." - LaSalle Int. College of Fashion, Art and Design."The bastard step child of JWT" - Sir Martin Sorrell.